Friday, February 24, 2012

Fabulous Friday Find

This Fabulous Friday Find will speak for itself.  It's a little different in what I would normally post...actually-it's WAY OUT THERE-literally! It is definitely design worthy I guarantee and will have all you mid century modern lovers out there drooling!  I'm talking about a getaway-an INCREDIBLE getaway in fact-that I promise will have you thinking of booking a vacation faster than you can say the word!  

I was perusing the itinerary of a cruise my mother has just returned from mid February and I found this particular site for the Hotel LA BANANE, quite accidentally.  I had heard of St. Barts (St. Barthelemy), but had never been there in all the many years spent working on cruise ships (wishing I did now!).  I had been to it's French sisters' island of Martinique a few times with delight, but never visited St. Bart's.  It is one of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean, and one can usually spot a celebrity or two.  The hotel itself has a very cool, vintage caribbean feel to it and is more like a villa than a hotel.  The moment you step into the airy lobby, you are greeted by a collection of furniture designed by Pierre Jeanneret which was in fact, designed for his cousin, Le Corbusier-architect of the city of Chandigarh, capital of Punjab.  You can find out more about St. Barthelemy and the hotel LA BANANE here. You can either choose French or English settings to view it as well, even though the photo's speak for themselves:)


Let's face it.  I think we could all use a little pick me up with all this dreary winter weather-today is no exception-so I hope you can enjoy this wonderful, beautiful, exquisite, luxurious & very colourful getaway and feel invigorated...even if just for a moment.  I promise-it will indeed lift you up. 
Hey we can all dream right?!

Signature photo for the hotel

Lobby with classic mid century collection of furniture 

Library with incredible open area to pool 

Vintage vibe in the lobby with Pierre Jeanneret collection  

Beautiful tile flooring, white walls and vintage furniture make this deluxe FERNAND bungalow a relaxing place to be

More of the same bungalow with gorgeous pops of colour on white walls...SWOON!

There are plenty more pictures on the website, so if you want to be taken away...go now!!  

Happy Friday!

Shelley. xo

2 comments:

Sheila Zeller said...

Okay, I'm there! Between the bright sunshiny colours and the MCM furniture, why would I not want to go? Love all the furniture pieces - they're awesome. When do we leave?

Have a great weekend, Shelley!

Shelley Jacobsen said...

You read my mind Sheila!! I would go right now!! Thanks, you too:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...